Monday 26 November 2007

Podcast & another article

Almost as soon as I got back into work after the trip, I was interviewed for the Methodist Church's monthly podcast. It can sometimes take a while for these interviews to get used, so I only found out last week that mine came out in October. You can find it here.

Another work-related commitment I've had to fulfill was an article for a quarterly newsletter that my team produces for the British church. November's Mission Matters is now online too.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a conference with work, and met a woman who had been an ecumenical accompanier a couple of years ago - in fact I'd read some of her letters whilst preparing for my trip. It was great to talk to someone who understood what I had seen and how I still feel (first time I've had that kind of conversation for a couple of months). She also recommended another book - I'll post a review once I get hold of a copy.

Another helpful tip she gave me was how to get the sheer size of the wall across to people when giving talks/presentations. She always tries to find a landmark, either within the building (only likely if it's a massive church) or just outside, that's around 8 metres high - the same as the height of the wall. She said that once she's done this, she finds people keep looking at that point throughout her talk - it clearly captures their imagination.

No comments: